| February 6, 2020 Hello –From Jane Barnett and The Shipping Emporium. We are – a Freight Forwarding Company, in Central Virginia and can help to hire Full Truck and Less than Truckload (LTL) carriers. Anywhere in the USA and (possibly) Canada and US Territories. We’d like to take this opportunity to introduce our company to yours as we are local. |
We’re a SWAM and Micro Business certified in eVA (Virginia’s Procurement System) and ready to help you with and of your heavy shipping, our delivery expertise includes Pick up and deliveries at – Universities, Prisons, Military Bases and MORE. We can also be a part of your sub-contracting plan if needed! A short- list of the services that we are offering you: LTL Freight, TL Freight, Cargo Insurance and Some International Why should you choose the Shipping Emporium to move your goods to your clients at Agencies or in the Private Sector?
1) Freight brokers have already the leg work to develop relationships with thousands of carriers across the country. We have a large number of reliable carriers for LTL (Less than Truckload) and TL (Truckload) both. This is time-saving for you, because it saves time from you having to develop those relationships yourself.
2) When we’re dealing with a freight broker, it’s almost like hiring your own personal freight manager. It gives you time to concentrate on other aspects of your business, while a quality broker will create your bill of ladings, schedule your Freight pickups, track your orders, and audit your invoices before sending them to you. Keep in mind that we can offer you a no-obligation Freightquote anytime!
3) Find quality subcontractors to give you the edge on the competition! The Shipping Emporium Is Here for You! Keep your extra “shipping Fees” to a Minimum! We can support your company with the very best—LTL and TL rates and services, through the best carriers. At The Shipping Emporium- We are licensed, bonded and insured and we have a great reputation within the Virginia’s procurement system and in SAM.gov. Finding a truck on the day that you need it is a chore, or you just need to have more service!!
Just give me a call, or an email to see if we can do better for you! Call us today and see what we can do for you! ~ It’s a pleasure working with you. Jane Barnett- JSB Enterprises LLC d/b/a The Shipping Emporium (703) 304 8170 (434) 990-4144 Ruckersville, VA 22968 © Copyright 2013-2020
Before calling your Freight Broker/ Logistics Company, best to have your goods packaged and ready to go.
This is also really helpful in getting you the best & most accurate rate based upon- your freight’s – number of pallets, weight for each pallet and dimensions (length x width x height) per pallet.
- Identify fragile/breakable items. Before packing your items into boxes, determine whether the items are fragile/breakable.
- Use pallets when shipping multiple boxes. (this could also save your company or agency money).
- Wrap your pallet with shrink-wrap.
- It depends on what you are packing but the ideal pallet is always the same to a carrier: a square strong crate (for example)- 45″ to 50″ high on which they can stack another pallet and weighing no more than 1200 lbs.
- In the real world, we are not economically able to crate every shipment and most freight does not perfectly fill out a 42″ x 48″ x 48″ space. So we adjust – but your goal should be to minimize the dimensions of your freight while the packages or piece inside of the skid are configured in the strongest configuration possible to withstand weight on top and/or pressure hits from the side – such as other freight bumping it or a forklift hitting it from the side.
- Further – before getting your LTL Freight quotes- you should use binding – plastic or steel, to tie down/secure your freight to the skid in addition to a lot of shrink wrap. Both shield your freight from a “pressure event” such as a minor hit by a forklift and keep your freight on its pallet as freight moves around with natural bumps on the road inside the truck – shrink wrap over the top and totally cover the freight with shrink wrap to keep humidity out and rain out from a leaky truck or unprotected loading dock.
- If you ship fragile goods, you should make sure your packaging conforms to rigorous packaging set by the LTL common carrier industry’s ship your goods safely and help to hopefully eliminate carrier rejections of your claims due to “Insufficiently rigorous packaging.”
Keep in mind that we can offer you a no-obligation Freight-quote anytime! please call your- Shipping Emporium Freight Consultant. We’re your Reliable Freight Shipping Service! Call us today at – 703 304 8170 OR 434 990 4144.
|We are here to help your business grow and make your customers happy. And taking care of the whole shipping process. As a busy owner or manager, you need to focus on core areas of your business or agency. That’s why you would probably enjoy a partner who would create your bill of landings, schedule your pickups, track the orders and taking care of the invoices. Which will be directly sent to you. Keep in mind that we can offer you a no-obligation Freightquote anytime! |
Deliver your commercial goods to your customers on time (when possible) according to the plan. No need to deal with unsatisfied customers. You can ask us if you need the time critical/expedited service which will guarantee your delivery date and ship your goods faster than standard LTL service.
We can help you to choose the most suitable Truck- TL, Flatbed, or LTL service option for your goods. Full truckload for large shipments. Less than truckload when you don’t need a full truck, because you need to ship a smaller number of pallets. You can find good rates for expedited, time critical, or we have slower options for long distances to SAVE MONEY with our dedicated service professionals. Call or Email us TODAY for a FAST and Free Quote and needs assessment. Imagine that there will be always someone on the line who will be willing to help you at The Shipping Emporium!
How do we make sure that our goods are covered, if Cargo Insurance is needed? At The Shipping Emporium, all customers are offered cargo insurance. In order to offer you Cargo Insurance, we need to know: If your Goods are NEW or Used, what is the Invoice Value that you paid for these goods, The Commodity and Description.
|CALL or email us – FOR a FAST and Free- FREIGHT QUOTE!|
Your company is doing business with Agencies or Universities—in the Virginia’s Procurement System!
What is a Freight Forwarder? A freight forwarder, freight forwarding company, or forwarding agent, also known as a non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC), is a person or company that organizes shipments for individuals or corporations to get goods from the manufacturer or producer to a market, customer or final point of distribution. Forwarders contract with a carrier or often multiple carriers to move the goods. A forwarder does not move the goods but acts as an expert in the logistics network. The carriers can use a variety of shipping modes, including trucks and railroad (inter-modal) and often use multiple modes for a single shipment. For example, the freight forwarder may arrange to have cargo moved from a plant to an airport by truck, flown to the destination city and then moved from the airport to a customer’s building by another truck.
The Shipping Emporium is a Domestic Freight Forwarding Firm. We are very experienced with handling heavy shipping (over 100 pounds) for Virginia’s University’s, Agencies and as a Sub-Contracting partner to many companies like yours.
Success with Government Contracting Requires Being Prepared!!
Find quality sub-contractors to give you the edge on the competition, and The Shipping Emporium/ Freight Brokerage- Your Reliable Freight Services Provider, Is Here for You!
We can support your company with the very best—LTL (Less Than Truckload) and TL (Full Truckload or Trucking )rates, through the best carriers.
How can we find you good rates for your Domestic Freight services?
Have you ever been offered the choice of LTL (Less-Than- Truckload or TL (dedicated truck- Truckload) for shipping your goods without understanding the difference in price? That is where our experience can help. Understand that we have your best interests in mind. We’ll analyze your shipments size and help you to determine the best Carrier options for your needs. Keep in mind that we can offer you a no-obligation Freightquote anytime!
1) Freight Brokers (3PLs) have already the leg work to develop relationships with thousands of carriers across the country. This is great, because it saves time from you having to develop those relationships yourself. We’re your carrier “shipping service” rather than a packaging or storage service.
2) When we’re dealing with a freight broker, it’s almost like hiring your own personal freight manager. It gives you time to concentrate on other aspects of your business, while a quality broker will create your bill of ladings, schedule your Freight pickups, track your orders, and audit your invoices before sending them to you.
3) Government contracting can help your business grow, so if you’re ready to increase the odds that you’ll get the bid and you need a freight and shipping quote, give me a call. The 4) Shipping Emporium is a small business certified freight provider dedicated to helping you grow your business!
In fact, here is what one client has to say about working with – The Shipping Emporium.
“The Shipping Emporium has been an important partner with MJL Enterprises as we respond to quote requests from the US Department of Defense and Federal Agencies. We are often under tight deadlines to respond with competitive quotes. Fortunately, The Shipping Emporium, is very responsive with their transportation quotes and is also very competitive in her pricing. Sometimes inexpensive freight costs are the deciding factor when we compete for Government business. I’m positive working with The Shipping Emporium has given us the edge over our competitors for this business. Furthermore, Jane always keeps us in the loop with updates as our freight moves and is happy to provide Pick-Up Records, Delivery Receipts or additional insurance for our cargo. It’s been a pleasure working with Jane and The team at Shipping Emporium, we are very fortunate to have them on our team!”
CALL or email us – FOR a FAST and Free- FREIGHT QUOTE!
~ It’s a pleasure working with you.
Please keep me posted of any more trucking/ Freight services needed.
(LTL or Truck-Load).
Jane Barnett- JSB Enterprises LLC d/b/a The Shipping Emporium
(703) 304 8170
Barboursville, VA 22923
MC# 852417 Duns # 078483342 CAGE Code # 78HM5
eVA Vendor # 91829 and SWAM cert # 701061
Jane Barnett, Owner The Shipping Emporium
Member: TIA – Transportation Intermediaries Association
Tel # : CALL US at 703-304-8170, janeb at shippingemp.com