August 17, 2020
Hi From- The Shipping Emporium, your Best Qualified provider for LTLs and TLs both.
Here are some tips that could be helpful for your company. Please let us know if you need a quote anytime, email, phone or by website online form are all great.
- Your quotes may not be valid if your shipment takes 8 linear feet or more. Make sure you receive a ‘spot quote’ from a shipping partner like The Shipping Emporium rather than an online based automated quote. (Or if we have an online rate for you please have us double check that it is valid based on the number of pallets, their size (l x w x ht) and weight each pallet.
- Pallet or Skid? Often, they are inter-changeable except that a Skid may be only part of a pallet. A Pallet is a flat structure with both a top and a bottom deck, of three or four deck boards. A skid has only a top deck. You may be needing a Pallet, except in a few cases only a skid for shipping LTL.
- Packaging. If you are the buyer and picking up at a vendor’s dock, require pictures of your wrapped and bound and palatalized freight. Ask them for the correct dimensions (l x w x ht) number of pallets, and if the skids are stack-able or non.
- Pictures. It is a good idea for your shipper to take pictures and to show a tape measure, if possible, for your shipments size (length x width x height). There can be billing issues later and if you can provide this information then you can be ensured that you can win a billing dispute. Also, in the event of a claim you will fare better through a Carrier claim with pictures taken right before loading.
- Transit Times. If you expect that you need and LTL shipment guaranteed by a certain date, you could save money by going with Standard LTL vs “Time Critical”. The latter will put the guaranteed delivery date and time while the Standard LTL service is an estimated transit time. Time Critical shipping is given higher priority. There are times when you can save more time and aggravation by upgrading to time- critical on your LTL. Just ask us if there are options for time critical for you!
For more information Call the Shipping Emporium to find out which TL or LTL shipping will work best for you. (703) 304-8170 or (434) 990-4144/
Thank you for your business!
Jane Barnett- JSB Enterprises LLC d/b/a The Shipping Emporium
(703) 304 8170
Ruckersville/ Barboursville, VA 22968
(703) 304 8170
Member: TIA – Transportation Intermediaries Association
CALL US at 703-304-8170 or 434 990 4144
MC 852417 Duns 078483342 CAGE Code 78HM5
eVA Vendor 91829 and SWAM cert 701061